64-bit issues, login accounts on an Athlon-64 available.

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Dec 7 12:14:56 EST 2005

Quoting Volker Englisch <volker at mail.nih.gov>:

> I am running Fedora Core 4

FC4 has g-wrap-devel-1.3.4

>> What version of these libraries:
>> libgwrap-runtime0-dev
>> libgwrapguile-dev
>
> I don't have either of these on my 64-bit system but I also don't
> have these on my other system (32-bit, FC4) where GC _is_ running.
> Do I need the libraries because it's 64-bit?

No.  Neil is providing the Debian package name, not the library name.
The "problem" you will find is that you get g-wrap 1.3.4 but you probably
also have gcc-4.0..  This is a "bad" combination in that g-wrap 1.3.4
outputs semi-broken code.  You can still get it to work, but you
need to turn off certain warnings (or --disable-error-on-warning)
to get it to build.  Your other option is to install (by hand) g-wrap 1.9.6.