[RFC] gnucash-patches mailing list

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Dec 27 12:11:10 EST 2005

Quoting Chris Shoemaker <c.shoemaker at cox.net>:

>> Or they can CC both lists and wait for the list admin to clear the
>> moderation queue.
>
> Oh, if they're only subscribed to -devel, right?  That's not so good.
> They're just as likely to assume their mail was dropped rather than
> entered into a moderation queue.

They should get an email from mailman telling them their message was
entered into the moderation queue because they weren't subbed.  So,
they shouldn't assume their mail was dropped.  Or at least I don't
know why they would assume that....

> Next year?  So Sunday?  I can't wait.  :-P

:-P

Probably not until Mid January...  I dont get home until the 7th or 8th
so probably the weekend after that I can devote to upgrading the gnucash
hardware and software.  Note that it means about 24-48 hours of downtime
for SVN, Email, Wiki, etc.

> The only reason I was thinking of was that "patches" becomes somewhat
> of a misnomer.  But, that would only bother me if it were the
> long-term solution.  I certainly don't mind leaving it as -patches,
> until something better comes along.

Agreed.  In the long run we should have a -commits list that is read-only
(and only commiters, and perhaps 'trac' post to it).

> Ok.  Sounds good.  As list-admin, you can tell how many people are
> subscribed to -patches that are not subscribed to -devel.  I suspect
> it's very few.  If it's sufficiently few, maybe we can count this
> thread as accomplishing step 1.

I'm not sure if there's a good way to compare list membership.  I suppose
I could do it by pulling out the membership lists into files and then
comparing the files...  *ponders and easy way to do this*