[RFC] gnucash-patches mailing list

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Dec 27 13:40:05 EST 2005

Quoting Chris Shoemaker <c.shoemaker at cox.net>:

>> I'll cope with my personal methods
>> to keep track of patches between now and when we get something like
>> the trac tracker up and running.  I presume you don't object to requiring
>> developers (read: committers) to have trac accounts to handle and close out
>> patches?
>
> Except for marking a patch as applied, I'm not sure what that entails.
> For patch discussion I hope trac has at least as good integration with
> email as bugzilla does.  But it sounds reasonable to require trac accounts
> and, no, I can't object until I've at least tried it.  :)

I guess it depends on what process we use.   I was thinking that
discussion of patches would happen on -devel -- trac would just
keep track of which patches are applied.  So devs would have to
go into trac to close out applied patches, but other than that
I doubt we'd not need trac accounts..    But I guess it depends on
what we do for process, and whether we want the discussion thread
stored in trac as well as the email archive.