mailing list digest format

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Sat Feb 5 06:11:15 EST 2005

Hi Derek,

one subscriber of the German gnucash-de list asked whether the mailing list
digest format could be changed. He said that each digest starts with lengthy
instructions on "how to unsubscribe" and only after these instructions the
mail subjects are listed. Since these introductional instructions are about
25 lines in total, the mail subjects aren't visible unless you start
scrolling. He asks whether it is possible to shorten these introductional
instructions.

Is this possible? In the mailman web interface I didn't see any options
related to the format of the introduction of each digest. Did I miss
something there?

Below you find a copy of a typical gnucash-de digest. Of course the text is in
German, but from the email addresses and URLs you can guess what the
introductory text is all about. I agree with that user that this introduction
could be shortened. Probably the URL for the web interface is totally
sufficient.

Regards,

Christian

Forwarded gnucash-de digest: