gnc-tree-model-account-types

David Hampton hampton at employees.org
Tue Feb 15 20:45:49 EST 2005

On Tue, 2005-02-15 at 19:25 -0500, Chris Shoemaker wrote:

> But the filter can't control the state of the checkboxes, can it?  I'm
> imagining a two column tree view where all of the account types are
> visible (not filtered, right?) and the second column contains
> checkboxes where only some of the boxes are checked.

If all of the account types are visible, then you don't need a filter
model.

> That means every view that wants to display a different selection
> needs it's own model, right?

A filter model allows multiple views to share the same data model while
displaying different (possibly disjoint) sections of that data model.
I.E. There is one main chart of accounts, but you might show all of the
accounts in one view in the main window, while simultaneously showing a
second view (limited only to income and expense accounts) in a dialog
somewhere, while in a third view showing some other different set of
accounts.  Each of these views would have a separate filter model, but
they would all share the underlying gnc-tree-model-account data model.

> If not, I don't really know what the SELECTED column is for.

I don't know. This particular tree model is one that I didn't work on
when I was actively working the g2 port.

David