[RFC] A differnt options system

Chris Lyttle chris at wilddev.net
Wed Feb 16 02:38:50 EST 2005

On Wed, 2005-02-16 at 01:16 -0500, Chris Shoemaker wrote:
> Background: I'm mainly interested in getting budgeting to work, but
> along the way I discovered that the options system in gnucash wasn't
> exactly up to doing what I needed and, frankly, it looked like it was
> going to be a major headache to make it work for me.
>
> So, on the side, I'm trying to come up with an options system that
> does what I want, and maybe can be generally useful, too.  Consider
> the attached a rough-draft.  All the usually first-draft caveats
> apply.  It's probably buggy, etc.  (Although it passes enough unit
> tests to suggest that at least the idea isn't fundamentally flawed.)

Chris,

I saw a mention towards the end of the header of gconf, and I remember
reading some time back about how gnome in general was moving towards
using gconf as a container for prefs, is that what you're trying to
achieve here for gnucash?

Chris
--
RedHat Certified Engineer #807302549405490.
Checkpoint Certified Security Expert 2000 & NG
        | |^| | |  Life out here is raw
        | | |^| |  But we will never stop
        | |_|_| |  We will never quit
        | / __> |  cause we are Metallica