[RFC] A differnt options system

David Hampton hampton at employees.org
Wed Feb 16 12:00:15 EST 2005

On Wed, 2005-02-16 at 11:31 -0500, Derek Atkins wrote:

> In what way does the existing options system not work for you?  I'd
> prefer it if we did not have multiple options systems in gnucash.
> Doing it once and using it everywhere is usually the best way, IMHO.

I put some options into gconf in some of my earlier work on gnucash2,
based on the same report Chris mentioned: That gnome is moving towards
gconf as a container for preferences.  My problem was that while this
works well for global (i.e. across data file) preferences, it doesn't
work for preferences that are specific to a given data file.  For
example, a preference to remember which accounts in the main window are
open and which are closed would need to be a data file specific
preference.

David