[RFC] A differnt options system

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Feb 16 21:16:22 EST 2005

Chris Shoemaker <c.shoemaker at cox.net> writes:

>> Yes and no.  I think there are a bunch of helper functions that exist
>> which that code doesn't use.
>
> I didn't mean, "is it complete?"  I think its too complicated for what
> it's doing.

I don't..  Once you separate the option memory-cache from option
display from option long-term storage you've effectively recreated the
same amount of complexity in the current code.  The only real
immediately obvious improvement is using g-wrap for the C<->guile
conversion instead of doing it in the option-utils code.

>> > Yes, I think I would call those "book properties."  Edit->Preferences
>> > is what I'm calling overall program preferences.  What you see when
>> > you click "Edit" in the account-tree-view-page is what I would call
>> > "account properties".  BTW, why can't I edit account properties from
>> > the account page?!?  Am I missing something?
>>
>> The "account properties" are really properties of the account tree,
>> not any particular single "account".  That's why you edit them from
>> where you do.
>
> No, I really mean account properties, like account name and account type.
> I know that the tree-view options are reachable from the tree-view-page.

Okay, then what do you mean by "account page"?  If you mean the
account tree, you should be able to select an account and then click
"Edit" and it will pop up the account dialog.