date check request

Blair Lowe gnucash at zedemail.ca
Tue Feb 22 21:37:57 EST 2005

Hi,

I guess my request IS to make gnucash understand periods. You will find
that most accountants like to have this sort of feature, and this
request was not suggested by me, but by my accountant.

I suppose that any time a date is entered somewhere, it would be tested
for this preference existing, and then look at its values (as the start
and end date period).

Some reports could have a simple "fiscal year" selector so that a report
could be more easily drawn up, in fact this could even be the default if
the preference exists.

Hope this helps,
Blair.