Fwd: gnucash monthly report

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Sat Feb 26 15:30:20 EST 2005

Hi, Merlin,

Thank you very much for your submission..   I have a request,
instead of a completely new report, could you modify the existing
cash-flow report to add the 'summary-by-month' that you want?
In fact, if you can make it "summary-by-<blank>" and let the
time-period be filled in that would be even better.

I'm making this request in order to keep the report code consolidated.
You're welcome to make the two reports separate menu items, but the
core code for the standard cash-flow report and your modified
cash-flow report are close enough in behavior that I suspect you could
reuse a great deal of the existing code.

Another thing to keep inmind is internationalization...  Granted, it
would be relatively easy to change the "Salary" and "Escrow" strings
into internationalized strings, but it would be even better to make
them report options (with the internationalized default).

Great work so far,

Thanks!

-derek

Christian Stimming <stimming at tuhh.de> writes:

> Merlin: Thanks for submitting this; however, I currently don't do any work on
> reports, so I guess someone else on the gnucash-devel list should pick this
> up and check whether it's of general use. Probably it would be good to add
> this report to gnucash as well, but some people here should check it out
> first.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Christian

[snip]