QSF progress.

Neil Williams linux at codehelp.co.uk
Sat Jan 8 14:37:30 EST 2005

On Saturday 08 January 2005 7:02 pm, Derek Atkins wrote:
> Quoting Neil Williams <linux at codehelp.co.uk>:
> > > So what happens if you try to merge a QofBook that has an SX?
> >
> > Like any other object that isn't currently accessible by QOF, it is
> > untouched.
> > If the target book has SX, it is not altered, if the import book has SX,
> > they
> >
> > are not merged.
>
> Except an SX uses Accounts and Transactions to store the templates...
> Which means you WILL see SX "Accounts" in the data file if there are SXs in
> the import book.

Noted.

There are no SX's in the import or target book I used during testing, so
something else in the group handling after the merge must be generating the
error in the subaccount list when trying to save a QofBook after a merge.

The qof_book_merge code has been committed to QOF CVS, if you want to see it
as it stands after the static merge context was replaced.
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/qof/qof/qof/qof_book_merge.c

Or would you prefer a patch for GnuCash so that you can see the problem for
yourself? The backtraces that I see only ever refer to
384:  num_acc = g_list_length (grp->accounts);
in src/engine/Group.c

--

Neil Williams