QSF XML file backend for gnucash-gnome2-dev branch

Neil Williams linux at codehelp.co.uk
Wed Jan 26 15:50:11 EST 2005

On Wednesday 26 January 2005 8:02 pm, Derek Atkins wrote:

> > It'd be <kvp type="kvp" path="/notes"> because each object uses "kvp" as
> > the definition for each of their *_KVP macros - at least so far.
>
> Then how do you differentiate the different kvp types?

I'll get back to this next week - I'm planning on using a type="" attribute to
indicate frame, key or value.

> Why not put an "application" tag at the top of the QSF tree so you
> know which application wrote the file.

I'll ponder that - it could go after the book-guid tag.

> > It was the nesting. By reproducing that in the path="", it's OK. Just
> > needs to be thought through.
>
> Ahh..  Yea, the kvp namespace can always be flattened out.  You can't
> have you objects at any particular node,

You know, that's why I couldn't use Sixtp for QSF - I needed attributes on the
parent tag and it wouldn't parse them.

> object.  I.e., you only need to store the leaves (with full paths),
> not the branches.  :)

:-) Great news.

> > I'm fast running out of time this week though. The replacement patch may
> > be this weekend now.
>
> Oh well..  You'll get it done when you get it done.  :)

Thereagain, you never now sometimes, you can think a problem won't solve and
then the solution just appears and it's done!

The patch is just being completed and should be with you tonight. I'm
currently waiting for a test build of the gnucash-gnome2-dev branch to
complete with the patch applied. Then it's just a case of verifying the
patch, updating the website and sending it in.

:-)

It includes all the changes we discussed, plus it includes new support for
QOF_TYPE_INT32, QOF_TYPE_DOUBLE, QOF_TYPE_CHAR and outline support for
QOF_TYPE_KVP which will be finalised next week. Every other type is already
supported - and tested what's more!

--

Neil Williams