ping...

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon Jul 18 10:11:31 EDT 2005

Chris Shoemaker <c.shoemaker at cox.net> writes:

>> Cool..  Are you also taking into account the business ledger, which
>> uses the same underlying register interfaces that the split register
>> does? (just wondering)..
>
> Sorry to take so long to respond... I wanted to at least look at the
> business ledger before responding.  Then RealLife interposed...
>
> Anyway, I don't think I use the business ledger (you mean something
> other than the AR/AP ledger, I'm sure, right?) so, no, I haven't

Yes, by business ledger I mean the "invoice" dialogs (customer
invoice, vendor bill, employee expense voucher).

> considered it yet.  I was trying to investigate today but I can't get
> g2 to run.  If I try to create a new COA, it crashes at the end of
> some "merge" druid.  If I try to open an existing file, it crashes
> then.  I'll wait a bit for CVS to settle down before trying again.

Weird.. it was working for me a week ago; I haven't tried it
today now that I'm back in town.

> Until then, I've got some bugs in my stand-alone app to track.  And
> then I could always read the business ledger code...  I'll get back to
> you on this.

Thanks.  It would all depend on whether you kept the same
register-core apis.  If so, then it should just work.  If not, then it
wont.  The business ledger is effectively a replacement of the
ledger-core directory under src/register that uses GncInvoice instead
of Account and GncEntry instead of Transaction.