Removal of ltmain.sh

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Tue Jul 19 10:04:55 EDT 2005

David Hampton schrieb:
>>Did you run "autogen.sh" in the HEAD branch?
>
> Yes, I always run autogen.sh.
>
>>In my case this will
>>install a system-dependent version of ltmain.sh, so I will always get
>>this file marked as "modified" vs. the one in CVS.
>
> Not working in my case.
>
> I'm running automake 1.9.5.  Perhaps there's been a recent change and
> automake no longer copies libtool files to the local directory?

No, that's not automake, instead it's the libtool package. I've recently
upgraded to suse9.3 which has libtool-1.5.14 and I ran "libtoolize" from
that package. Maybe I didn't notice that ./autogen.sh does *not* run
libtoolize. In any case, then my removal of ltmain.sh was wrong and
should be reverted. Sorry for that.

By the way, we also have the file "acinclude.m4" in CVS. In current
automake/autoconf versions it is advised *against* that file, so at some
point in the future we should consider removing that file altogether. At
the moment it probably masks some local macros that should be used.
Whatever. Okay, I won't touch these things again and will only silently
whine about locally changed files...

Christian