Removal of ltmain.sh

Thomas Bushnell BSG tb at becket.net
Wed Jul 20 20:55:31 EDT 2005

Neil Williams <linux at codehelp.co.uk> writes:

> On Tuesday 19 July 2005 5:25 pm, Neil Williams wrote:
>> Whilst CashUtil is presently a separate tree, I have an eye on the changes
>> that would be required to fold it into GnuCash whilst retaining a separate
>> package, in effect making a gnucash-common package
>
> OK, I realise there is a gnucash-common package (at least on
> Debian), although it includes a lot of .h and test files so I don't
> really follow the reasoning (seems more like a -devel).
> http://packages.debian.org/unstable/gnome/gnucash-common

It is standard Debian procedure to try and separate out
architecture-independent parts of a package so that we can save space
in the archive.  So gnucash-common has the bits that are the same on
every architecture (and thus don't need to be duplicated).

gnucash-common is 2.8 MB right now, thus saving something like 40MB by
not duplicating it for each architecture.