Dirty entity identification.

Neil Williams linux at codehelp.co.uk
Fri Jul 22 11:45:14 EDT 2005

On Friday 22 July 2005 4:23 pm, Derek Atkins wrote:
> Quoting Neil Williams <linux at codehelp.co.uk>:
> > In src/engine, some of the gnc-*.c|h and all qof*.c|h are QOF. The files
> > with
> >
> > capitals are not. Unfortunately, there are other files in src/engine
> > (like the budget) that don't fit this pattern and there are files like
> > kvp* and md5* that ARE part of QOF. There are also historical headers
> > that redefine QOF functions as gnc functions which confuse things more.
>
> I wonder if in g2 we should just move the qof files out of src/engine and
> into lib/qof?  Too bad we're still using CVS; with SVN it would be easy to
> do that. ;)

That would be a great idea. I don't mind doing all the cvs remove cvs add,
it's not that much of a bind, it's the history of the files as they are now
that would presumably be lost? We'd lose that anyway when moving to an
external library and the changes are fairly consistent with the QOF tree so
there is a history, just not in the current tree.

One big advantage from my point of view is that lib/qof could have the same
Makefile as qof/ itself, making is easier to patch from the QOF tree.

Let me know and I'll fold this change into a commit - just as soon as I'm
ready. (And yes, I'll test v.v.v.v.v.v.v carefully and I can send you the
patch if you'd like to test it first!)
:-)

--

Neil Williams