[Gnucash-changes] Eliminate a double free of memory.

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu Jun 2 13:37:03 EDT 2005

Quoting David Hampton <hampton-gnucash at rainbolthampton.net>:

> The pattern of having a destroy callback function that frees the data
> structure associated with a window is common in the gnucash code.  It
> allows one function to handle the cleanup of a dialog and any associated
> data structures, no matter how the dialog was closed.  This is
> particularly important because closing a window via the title bar close
> button translates directly to a call to gtk_widget_destroy on the window
> widget.  There's no other way for the code to know the window was closed
> this way, other than to attach a callback to the widget destruction.

Speaking of which...  Using g2 cvs from yesterday, I clicked on the titlebar
close button and the window closed but the app didn't exit....  So I think
we're still missing some events.  There's a similar problem in one of the
business dialogs (the one that pops up when there are outstanding bills to be
paid) -- it doesn't close properly.