gnc_gconf_toolbar_detachable

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Fri Jun 3 12:39:20 EDT 2005

Quoting Chris Shoemaker <c.shoemaker at cox.net>:

> On Fri, Jun 03, 2005 at 12:19:55PM -0400, Chris Shoemaker wrote:
> >
> > no kidding, so it's just me then. :(
> >
> > I just re-updated cvs and autogen'd and make'd.  same failure.
> >
> > I did recently add --enable-doxygen and --disable-error-on-warning to
> > my autogen line.  Let me remove them and retry...
>
> dialog-utils.c: In function `gnc_restore_window_size':
> dialog-utils.c:276: warning: implicit declaration of function
> `gnc_gconf_get_list'
>
> almost like it's not correctly including gnc-gconf-utils.h
>
> Oh darn.  I've got an old gnc-gconf-utils.h left over in gnome-utils.
> make clean wouldn't remove it of course.  It got correctly removed in
> the tree I cvs up -dP to, but then I copy to another tree, without
> deleting removed files, because I often have extra files there I don't
> want to delete.  User error.  I'm back on track now.  Thanks.

I'd suggest you use 'lndir' instead of 'cp -r' -- it fixes issues like these.
The compiler will generally ignore dangling symlinks during the build.  The
downside is that you manually have to symlink "new" files, and you do need to
be careful to remove deleted .scm files...  But I find that this method works
okay for me.

It certainly makes it really easy to blow away a build and start from scratch
without having to bang on the cvs server.  :)

Glad you figured it out, tho.