GUI (gnome2) help needed
linux at codehelp.co.uk
Mon Mar 7 13:23:57 EST 2005
I've just committed the bulk of the work needed to export a Chart of Accounts
(with opening balance transactions) into QSF XML plus the means to import any
QSF object file (containing GnuCash objects).
The export does work, and the import code does get as far as preparing the
merge, but it's stalling in the druid.
I have always had a problem with the druid in g2 - when running the original
Add New Account Hierarchy command, it's worked fine in HEAD but
gnucash-gnome2-dev has had some problem with one of the Next actions
(Forward-> button) on the user intervention page. It simply fails to move to
the next page (MergeDruidFinishPage). I can click Forward as much as I like,
but I have to Cancel to get anywhere. It's annoying because it's the finish
page that issues the Commit command to actually merge the data.
Now I'm also getting a blank introductory page with the merge druid - again
something related to the G2 port.
There are still tweaks needed to the book merge code but I can't test until
this stall is solved.
Would someone with more GUI skills be willing to take a look at the code in
src/gnome/druid-merge.c and src/gnome/glade/merge.glade and tell me where
it's going wrong? Thanks.
Any tips on improving the druid layout would be appreciated too - I have a
simple (but ugly) text display at the moment in a GtkLabel in a GtkViewPort
and I would like to lay it out into a ListView - it doesn't need to be a
collapsing tree, just a list, I think. Maybe a tree would actually be better?
| |------- Value
or a list (with header)
Description = Value
Type = Value
Two panes, one displaying the object from the import, one displaying the
object from the main book - the user then decides if the two are duplicates,
if the import should update the main or if the import is new.
Then I'll add some code to manage the rest of the labels so that the druid
takes on an appropriate identity when merging QSF into a book compared to
when merging a new account hierarchy into a book.
I've got the framework that I need to export business objects into QSF XML
too, I'm hoping to add the simple calls tomorrow and add date ranges and
other queries later.
I've also fixed a few problems related to multiple objects and the
QOF_TYPE_CHAR so those should be fine. KVP is almost complete, I'm working
out how to support KVP_TYPE_BINARY but I can sort out KVP_TYPE_GLIST in due
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-devel/attachments/20050307/39821ae8/attachment.bin
More information about the gnucash-devel