pango_layout_set_text

Josh Sled jsled at asynchronous.org
Tue Mar 15 08:44:25 EST 2005

On Tue, 2005-03-15 at 07:51, Neil Williams wrote:

> Can you try with LANG=en_GB and see what you get?

No pango errors, here, with LANG=en_GB.

What version of Pango?  Gtk?

LANG=en_GB.UTF-8 doesn't seem to work on my system ("Locale not
supported [...]"), which I find a bit strange.

> What's your LANG value in your environment?

unset / "C".

> Now this is interesting, I exported LANG=C and started GnuCash with --nofile.
[deletia]
> Now suddenly, I can see the balances of my accounts in GBP when this has never
[deletia]
> I get no further pango errors in usage.

Huh.  So changing that option seems to make things work?  Sounds like
the trail-head for an investigation. :)  It sure sounds like we're
mis-initializing something.

I'll dig into it when I have time, or I hear it's better.

...jsled