QOF generator site, started.

Neil Williams linux at codehelp.co.uk
Tue Mar 22 03:49:37 EST 2005

On Friday 18 March 2005 8:17 am, Neil Williams wrote:

Just to let everyone know, QOF Generator is now active at SourceForge:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/qof-gen/
http://qof-gen.sourceforge.net/

It has it's first CVS commits and first file release. Most of the intended
functionality is to follow, this is very much pre-alpha. However, the C file
produced DOES compile. What I'm working on today is the mini-application and
general functionality / documentation. Currently, it's setup in testing mode
so it tends to rename everything invoice and it doesn't take your name or
email, it uses mine as default! ;-)

> 1. Through a series of HTML forms, create the C code for a new QOF object.
>  Complete with parameter handlers, makefiles and a simple query console
>  application (which will only need to be modified between runs to input the
>  names of the new objects.) The object will contain enough data to populate
>  it's own entities when the application is compiled and linked against QOF.

That needs a little tweaking to accept, say QOF_TYPE_DATE  which is a
Timespec, but store a time_t in the struct itself. Simple use of a
$convert_to option in the PHP.

> 2. Provide a simple command-line interface for the mini-application to
> query the objects and write out the results as QSF.  (A simple application
> like this already exists - it's waiting for the release of pilot-link-0.12
> before being committed to pilot-link CVS.)

Hoping to get that progressing today - getting that code to compile in a
different tree and without the pilot-link stuff.

> 4. Cache objects for any one user so that objects can refer to each other.
>  (MySQL).

Done, courtesy of a SourceForge MySQL database.

> Although users will "login" to provide their name and email address

Hopefully today as well.

It is now on SourceForge

http://sourceforge.net/projects/qof-gen/

if anyone is
interested in helping out, please contact me.

You'll need MySQL, PHP, XML and HTML experience only.

C or Scheme experience is NOT required.

OK, that's it for this list, all discussions on the generator via private
email please. I'll use a dedicated SourceForge mailing list if there is a
need.

--

Neil Williams