locked backend dialog

Neil Williams linux at codehelp.co.uk
Sun May 1 06:59:11 EDT 2005

    case ERR_BACKEND_LOCKED:
      fmt = _("GnuCash could not obtain the lock for\n"
              "   %s.\n"
              "That database may be in use by another user,\n"
              "in which case you should not open the database.\n"
              "\nDo you want to proceed with opening the database?");
      if (gnc_verify_dialog (parent, TRUE, fmt, newfile)) { uh_oh = FALSE; }
      break;

Is there a way of adding a further option? Open a different file?

This could be useful for users (and developers) who have multiple files where
some may actually be in use by someone else. Currently, the workaround is New
-> Cancel the new file druid -> Open or Open Recent.

Even if the dialog could have a Cancel that cancels the file opening but still
loads GnuCash - without starting the New File druid.

I can't see where it is determined that this dialog will show Quit, Open or
New - those strings or options don't appear in the gnc_verify_dialog
function, only
dialog = gtk_message_dialog_new (GTK_WINDOW(parent),
	GTK_DIALOG_MODAL | GTK_DIALOG_DESTROY_WITH_PARENT,
	GTK_MESSAGE_QUESTION,
	GTK_BUTTONS_YES_NO,
	buffer);

My GUI skills aren't much, I know, but to me that would simply load a generic
question dialog with a Yes / No, not a GnuCash dialog with Quit/Open/New - I
must be missing some defines somewhere?

How is the Quit / Open / New implemented?

--

Neil Williams