Problem building gnucash (G2)

Neil Williams linux at codehelp.co.uk
Sun May 1 16:53:01 EDT 2005

On Sunday 01 May 2005 9:01 pm, Phil Longstaff wrote:
> On May 1, 2005 03:32 pm, Neil Williams wrote:
> > Why is it looking in /opt/ for these?
>
> It's a SuSE 9.1 install, upgraded to KDE 3.4 and Gnome 2.6 (I think).

Then you need to sort out the path locations for this location - GnuCash is
doing what it can to find the correct library but is only finding the old
one.

> > > version of glib in my link path.  I do have both glib-1.2.10 and
> > > glib2-2.4.0 installed and can't uninstall them.

If you can't uninstall, you must redirect. The location of this problem is not
in the src/ directory or anywhere beneath it - you need to sort out your
filesystem paths so that configure.in is able to find the correct libraries:

Check config.log for what's gone wrong.

configure:11635: checking for GLIB - version >= 2.4.0
configure:11754: gcc -o conftest -g -O2 -pthread -I/usr/include/glib-2.0
-I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include     conftest.c -pthread -lgthread-2.0
-lgobject-2.0 -lglib-2.0    >&5
configure:11757: $? = 0

and config.status:
s, at GLIB_CFLAGS@,-pthread -I/usr/include/glib-2.0