stumped on report customization

Richard Lee-Morlang rick at webtownis.bc.ca
Tue May 3 02:37:31 EDT 2005

On Mon, 2005-02-05 at 21:55 -0400, Derek Atkins wrote:

> BTW, have you looked at the fancy-invoice report?  I don't know
> exactly what you're looking for, but it may look prettier than
> the standard version.

I haven't yet, actually.

I'll take a look, but in among other things I wanted to use CSS to
precisely place the billing address so it'll line up with a standard
double-window envelope. Without CSS, I don't think I can do quite what I
want, and with gtkhtml filtering out my HTML, I don't have CSS. I'll try
generating some CSV that I can parse and reformat with something else
instead.

Once upon a time I'd written an invoicing system in PHP that generated
PDF output that lined up the mailing addresses precisely with the
windows in the envelope, and it was wonderful. But over the years the
PDF generator became obsolete and was dropped, and the rest of the code
has become harder and harder to maintain, and meanwhile gnucash
effectively has more features than the stuff I wrote up anyway.

But I really like my double-window envelopes. :-)

Thanks!
Rick