E-guile link

Josh Sled jsled at asynchronous.org
Tue Nov 1 09:43:07 EST 2005

On Tue, 2005-11-01 at 06:16 -0800, Brian Rose wrote:
> Is Scheme/Guile staying in or going out? Would
> e-guile be deleted within the year
> and replaced?

:)  Good question.  In my ideal world, we would remove it entirely and
find a different, light-weight templating system for the reports ...
something like Template-Toolkit.  At the same time, my list was my
opinion only. and a little rushed... others don't have quite the desire
for scheme-elimination that I do. :)

My major objection to the prevalence of scheme in gnucash is in other
locations than the reporting.  I could certainly see scheme being
removed everywhere *but* the templating of the reports via eguile.  As
well, we could have more than one mechanism for templating reports,
especially if the bulk of the reports were already in one technology.

I don't think there's a high probability of it being removed w/in a
year, were it to occur.

...jsled