G2 testing : lock up while NOT saving file

David Hampton hampton-gnucash at rainbolthampton.net
Wed Nov 2 20:09:07 EST 2005

On Mon, 2005-10-31 at 17:07 -0800, Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
> I have experienced a lock-up of gnucash. I was playing with one of my
> test files and decided to open another file. Selected File -> Open ->
> Open... . Pop-up dialog says I have not saved changes, would you like to
> (working from memory here). I click NO. That pop-up dialog blanks out,
> but remains on the screen and gnucash is lock-up. there is no gnucash in
> top or ps -e.

I can't reproduce this.

> there is however guile.

That would be gnucash.

> terminal says:
>
> andrew at basement:~$ /opt/gnc2/bin/gnucash
>

> This is a development version. It may or may not work.
> Report bugs and other problems to gnucash-devel at gnucash.org.
> You can also lookup and file bug reports at http://bugzilla.gnome.org
> The last stable version was GnuCash 1.8.12
> The next stable version will be GnuCash 2.0
>
> initializing gnc_html...
> gnucash: [W] "failure loading ""/home/andrew/.gnucash/config-1.8.auto"
> gnucash: [W] "report-menu-setup"
> Use of deprecated SAXv1 function getLineNumber
> *** glibc detected *** realloc(): invalid next size: 0xb6213c88 ***
> plugin not loadedplugin not loadedplugin not loadedplugin not
> loadedplugin not loadedplugin not loadedplugin not loadedplugin not loaded

I've never seen the plugin not loaded message before.

> this is the total output from starting the program to crash. I have
> successfully replicated it once, but now it will not happen for me
> again.... I opened the file, which had an Income Statement report
> already open in the saved version. SO I had just the accounts and the
> report up. Then open three registers from the report (see other thread
> about window size creep)

I do see the window creep now.  Its very odd that it grows 17 pixels
vertically each time you open a new register.  I have a suspicion that
its the status bar under the register.

> then as before File -> Open -> Open... click NO
> and then (second time through here) I got this:

Still don't see a crash.

David