GnuCash now migrated to subversion

Neil Williams linux at codehelp.co.uk
Thu Nov 3 05:15:54 EST 2005

On Thursday 03 November 2005 9:15 am, Christian Stimming wrote:
> Neil Williams schrieb:
> > On Wednesday 02 November 2005 5:56 pm, Josh Sled wrote:
> >>The Subversion repository is now authoritative for GnuCash development.

Anyone know why a svn checkout now asks for my SSH key passphrase THREE times?

It's not a passphrase failure, (it warns of that), it simply asks once,
connects, asks again, does some more network stuff and asks a third time.
Then the checkout starts as normal. I noticed this with the temp repository
and thought it may just be an artefact of the temporary nature of that one.
Checking in code to the temp only asked once and updates only seemed to ask
once. It's just checkouts.

??

> > I propose to create that cashutil branch that I used to test the
> > temporary repository - branching from gnucash/trunk.

> Agreed. That's what we always talked about. Just go ahead.

cashutil it'll be. I'm just waiting for my first svn checkout to build to
completion and then I'll start the branch.

> > I had a tree that built successfully that way but modified it to use
> > existing locations because of this CVS->SVN transition. Now we are on
> > svn, can I move QOF out of src/engine? The files concerned are already
> > indicated in the src/engine/Makefile.am.

I''ve now reinstated that local tree and there are a few tweaks required but
essentially it is working. Won't be ready imminently though.

> Err... I suppose the actual question is whether this should happen
> before the first gnucash-2 alpha release or afterwards. And IMHO it
> should probably happen *before* that, since in the long run we agree
> that this move makes sense. In that case, it could as well happen in the
> very near future. I would ask you to wait for another 1-2 weeks until
> everyone is really hooked into the SVN access, but after that, IMHO
> there's no big reason to wait for anything else.

That's fine with me.

--

Neil Williams