G2 testing : lock up while NOT saving file

Andrew Sackville-West andrew at farwestbilliards.com
Thu Nov 3 12:34:00 EST 2005

David Hampton wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-10-31 at 17:07 -0800, Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
>
>>I have experienced a lock-up of gnucash. I was playing with one of my
>>test files and decided to open another file. Selected File -> Open ->
>>Open... . Pop-up dialog says I have not saved changes, would you like to
>>(working from memory here). I click NO. That pop-up dialog blanks out,
>>but remains on the screen and gnucash is lock-up. there is no gnucash in
>>top or ps -e.
>

> I can't reproduce this.
>

>>there is however guile.
>

> That would be gnucash.
>

>>terminal says:
>>
>>andrew at basement:~$ /opt/gnc2/bin/gnucash
>>

>>This is a development version. It may or may not work.
>>Report bugs and other problems to gnucash-devel at gnucash.org.
>>You can also lookup and file bug reports at http://bugzilla.gnome.org
>>The last stable version was GnuCash 1.8.12
>>The next stable version will be GnuCash 2.0
>>
>>initializing gnc_html...
>>gnucash: [W] "failure loading ""/home/andrew/.gnucash/config-1.8.auto"
>>gnucash: [W] "report-menu-setup"
>>Use of deprecated SAXv1 function getLineNumber
>>*** glibc detected *** realloc(): invalid next size: 0xb6213c88 ***
>>plugin not loadedplugin not loadedplugin not loadedplugin not
>>loadedplugin not loadedplugin not loadedplugin not loadedplugin not loaded
>

> I've never seen the plugin not loaded message before.

I have seen that message without a crash before as well, but I can't
remember the circumstances. Will watch for it.

Meanwhile, I have experienced the crash again. I'm trying to get it
totally reproducible and then I'll send you the file I'm using along
with explicit instructions.

>>this is the total output from starting the program to crash. I have
>>successfully replicated it once, but now it will not happen for me
>>again.... I opened the file, which had an Income Statement report
>>already open in the saved version. SO I had just the accounts and the
>>report up. Then open three registers from the report (see other thread
>>about window size creep)
>

> I do see the window creep now.  Its very odd that it grows 17 pixels
> vertically each time you open a new register.  I have a suspicion that
> its the status bar under the register.

that follows as the status bar is not being drawn correctly (the little
resize handles are not always there properly.)

Andrew