Radically improve autogen.sh - cannot build trunk.

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Mon Nov 7 04:43:54 EST 2005

Derek Atkins schrieb:
> Neil Williams <linux at codehelp.co.uk> writes:
>
>>My only problem with that on Debian is this build-within-a-build in cashutil
>>branch. I need to be able to hook cashutil/configure onto the end
>>of ./configure in a wrapper script that passes on the --prefix and nothing
>>else.
>
> You shouldn't use a build-within-a-build.  You should integrate
> the cashutil dirs into the main configure script.

... in the long run, I would say. IMHO it's fine for testing purposes to
have a separate ./configure script in a subdirectory. OTOH if that's
only an intermediate testing stage then it shouldn't be necessary to
automatically hook this up to the main ./configure.

In the long run I agree with Derek: If the command line tool "cashutil"
is supposed to be distributed together with gnucash (which is implied by
the fact that it's in the same CVS^H^H^H SVN module), then it should be
built by the very same top-level ./configure. No need for an extra
build-within-a-build.

Christian