r11850 builds for me on OS X 10.4.3

Neil Williams linux at codehelp.co.uk
Tue Nov 8 03:17:29 EST 2005

On Tuesday 08 November 2005 2:30 am, David Reiser wrote:
> For what it's worth, with Peter O. and Neil W.'s chatter as a guide,
> I succeeded in building r11850 on my Mac.

Thanks for letting us know. I've got r11855 running on my iBook now - the
problems were all about the environment variables and other hoops required to
actually build and run the program.

Just for future reference, it'd be nice if you could detail the commands you
gave to ./autogen.sh and/or ./configure (depending on the revision) and the
commands / environment variables you need to build and run G2.

To build, I use:
guile16-build env LIBRARY_PATH=/sw/lib CPATH=/sw/include \
./autogen.sh
guile16-build env LIBRARY_PATH=/sw/lib CPATH=/sw/include \
./configure --enable-doxygen --enable-opt-style-install \
--prefix=/opt/fergus/gncuash
guile16-build env LIBRARY_PATH=/sw/lib CPATH=/sw/include \
make

I've also had to change my PATH in ~/.bashrc to
PATH=/sw/bin/:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/bin

Then to run, I need:
#!/bin/bash
cd /opt/fergus/gnucash/bin
export LANG=en_GB
./gnucash

(this despite LANG=en_GB in every other xterm or shell). Simply running
gnucash direct lumps me into US Dollar.

At some point, I need to a) update the tree b) reinstall the auto tools
required to update the 1.8 tree and test again.

One difference, on Debian I get account balances in the summary window as
£1,439.56. On OSX, I only get GBP 1,439.56. What do you get on OSX? Anyone
know why? I'd certainly prefer to have £ on OSX.

> It does run, opens my 5MB
> 1.8.11 data file (copy), though Save As isn't working

Interesting - I'll look at that.

> , and the x11
> terminal complains:
>
> I should get the chance to do some real testing later this week. By
> then maybe I'll see if I can do a repeat build performance with the
> latest trunk.

1. Peter hasn't had problems on 10.4 like I have on 10.3
2. Do you have gnucash1.8 still installed?

I've always suspected most of my problems are down to the need to retain
gnucash1.8 but then this will be a common upgrade path when G2 is finally
released - I'm hoping we don't have to conflict with things like automake1.4

--

Neil Williams