Budget questions. (wordy)

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Nov 8 21:03:58 EST 2005

Chris,

most users I would bet enter a CC->Expense transaction when the
transaction occurs.  So you enter your $2000 HDTV expense when
you buy the TV, not when you pay off your credit card.  However
if you're maintaining a balance on your credit card (or house loan,
or student loan) you want to include that "cash flow" in your
budgeting process.

No, paying down a house loan or a student loan is not an expense
per se, but it is cash flow..  And many people want to budget for
cash flow.  I consider this a must-have feature for a budgeting
system.

-derek