Can't open budget after closing it

Chris Shoemaker c.shoemaker at cox.net
Sat Nov 12 11:29:20 EST 2005

On Fri, Nov 11, 2005 at 08:31:52PM -0500, Tim Wunder wrote:
> If I start with a freshly copied gnucash-1.8.11  data file and open it with
> G2, then do File-Open-Open Budget, then close the Budget tab, I can no longer
> Open a Budget. Doesn't matter if I make entries into the budget or not.
> Doesn't matter if I save the file with the budget open or not.
>
> Also, if I save and close G2 with the budget open, the budget is not opened
> when I re-open G2, and I can't manually open it.

Sorry, Tim.  I've had some hardware failures that prevent me from
testing this at the moment, but I can at least tell you that it has
worked for me.  There may have been a regression since budgets were
merged into G2, or there may be something different about your
environment that I didn't account for.

I'll see if I can dust off some old hardware to test with, but it
might help if you could provide a bit more info: When you save to a
file, can you grep the xml file for Budget?  Also, when you try to
open a budget, what happens?  Do you get an empty budget or none at
all?  Are there any console messages?

-chris