What version of G2 am I running?

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Nov 15 14:07:43 EST 2005

I cannot reproduce this behavior here.  Every time I rebuild
gnucash it rebuilds the gnc-version.h header and shows me
the current revision and build-date.  I just tested this
with a tree I had last touched yesterday.  It /had/ been telling
me it was r11931 built on Nov 14th.  Now it tells me it's r11931
built on Nov 15th.  So, it appears to be working just fine for
me.

Question: Are you running "make all" before "make install"?  Or do you
run "make install" directly?  Not that this should make a huge
difference, but I'm just wondering in order to try to help you track
down the issue.

-derek