Can't open budget after closing it

Tim Wunder tim at thewunders.org
Tue Nov 15 22:50:00 EST 2005

On Saturday 12 November 2005 11:52 am, someone claiming to be Chris Shoemaker
wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 12, 2005 at 11:29:20AM -0500, Chris Shoemaker wrote:
> > Sorry, Tim.  I've had some hardware failures that prevent me from
> > testing this at the moment, but I can at least tell you that it has
> > worked for me.  There may have been a regression since budgets were
> > merged into G2, or there may be something different about your
> > environment that I didn't account for.
>
> Tim,
>         Oh, actually, the real problem was that I didn't sufficiently
> test some last-minute changes I made during integration.  The problem
> you see will only occur if you have exactly one budget.  So, you can
> work-around this problem in one of two ways:
>
> 1) Just create an extra budget.  Then when you open a budget, you'll
> have to use the dialog to select the one you want to open; OR
>
> 2) change "GncBudget *bgt;" to "GncBudget *bgt = NULL;" in
> gnc_plugin_budget_cmd_open_budget() found on or about
> src/gnome/gnc-plugin-budget.c:211.
>
> If you went through the trouble of making a budget, rest assured it's
> still there.  Sorry for the trouble.

This works. My previous problem with this fix likely had to do with my borken
build (see "What version of G2 am I running?" thread).

FWIW, according to vi, I changed line 187.

I'll assume you'll actually fix the file on SVN...

Tim