What version of G2 am I running?

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Wed Nov 16 04:31:59 EST 2005

Derek Atkins schrieb:
> Quoting Neil Williams <linux at codehelp.co.uk>:
>>> I run autogen.sh/configure/make/make install
>>
>> I came across this problem. There's a stage missing in your script,
>> Tim - make
>> sure you run make distclean before repeating a build in the same tree:
>
> I rarely run distclean.  It's not usually required.

I haven't used distclean for months as well and still all runs fine. It
might have been required when we still had AM_MAINTAINER_MODE in
configure and someone was calling ./configure without
--enable-maintainer-mode. In that case, it is now no longer required as
we don't have the maintainer-mode argument anymore.

Christian