Compile error

Neil Williams linux at codehelp.co.uk
Sat Nov 19 15:24:08 EST 2005

On Saturday 19 November 2005 6:23 pm, Vinay Pai wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm having trouble compiling the latest SVN source.  Here's the error:
> .
> ./../../../src/gnome/.libs/libgncgnome.so: undefined reference to
> `gnc_pricedb_set_bulk_update'

Which directory and which file is being compiled at this point?
(I suspect src/gnome-utils/test/ or similar.) I know the make error log is
long but the current directory should be identifiable just below this
message.

That function is defined in src/engine/gnc-pricedb.c which is included in
libgncmod-engine.la. It would appear that this library is not being linked
against whichever executable is being compiled at this point.

I've seen this error during test builds when test programs are not correctly
linked but each of those problems was fixed before commit (and as Derek
points out, others are not seeing this problem). I've also seen this on the
cashutil branch as there are more library changes in that branch
(gnc-pricedb.c and the other objects are in a new library).

> (I called autogen and configure with all default options)

--enable-opt-style-install ?

Did make fail at some earlier point?

More information needed on what system you are using, exactly which options
you gave to autogen / configure and which versions of things like g-wrap and
the autotools are in use.

--

Neil Williams