libgsf, goffice and gnucash

Josh Sled jsled at asynchronous.org
Sun Nov 20 11:06:52 EST 2005

On Sun, 2005-11-20 at 10:53 +0000, Neil Williams wrote:
> The build continues only as far as:
> go-pattern.c:150:2: #warning This result is actually an xmlChar we could run
> into trouble with g_free vs xmlFree. Can we change the interface?

I'd rather make as few changes to these libraries as possible,
generally.

> That just seems strange - what is the purpose of the syntax:
> #warning
> ?

It seems the goffice authors used it as a reminder/todo syntax a lot;
our old fake-goffice copy had already been cleaned up so we could build
with -Werror.

> Commenting out line 150 appears sufficient, but I doubt it is the solution you
> intended!

Unfortunately, it is.

> Each time it halts the OSX build. Should goffice be built without -Werror?

Shoot, I meant to mention this; you presently do need to configure with
--disable-error-on-warning.  I do intend to comment out all those lines,
but haven't, yet; it reads in another mail like you already did, and if
you did it would be awesome if you could commit that effort.

On Sun, 2005-11-20 at 15:33 +0000, Neil Williams wrote:
> However, with all the #warning lines commented out, allowing linking against
> libgsf and that fix to fmin, OSX did successfully compile libgsf and goffice
> from internal code. Just got to work out why if failed later - maybe it's
> something already fixed in trunk but which hasn't been merged into the
> goffice-update branch.

Oh, well that's very encouraging.  I don't mean to create work for you
with the OSX issues, but if you have the time, I don't have the
capability to look at it myself ... maybe in another
month-plus-five-days, though. :)

...jsled