libgsf, goffice and gnucash

Neil Williams linux at codehelp.co.uk
Sun Nov 20 14:44:36 EST 2005

On Sunday 20 November 2005 3:57 am, Derek Atkins wrote:
> Quoting Josh Sled <jsled at asynchronous.org>:
> > I'm still working to get some of the configure.in changes integrated
> > correctly; for instance right now it conditionally executes the relevent
> > configure.in sections copied from the respective builds, but always
> > creates their `config.h` equivalents as well as generates all their
> > Makefiles.  The latter isn't much of a problem, but the former means
> > that '-I$(top_srcdir)/lib/goffice-0.0.4' is present while compiling the
> > whole gnucash source tree, even when the external version is being used,
> > which isn't right.  Any pointers on how to do this would be appreciated.
>
> The latter is actually important to do, so that "make dist" works on
> systems that have a local goffice.  The former, yea, we should figure out a
> way to fix that.

I've been testing with this and I can't get AC_CONFIG_HEADERS to be executed
conditionally. I suspect it uses a simple grep and ignores the if ... fi
block around it, much like libtool:
(grep "^AM_PROG_LIBTOOL" $srcdir/configure.in >/dev/null

My suggestion is that we don't use config headers in sub-directories - the
problem comes from the subdirectory, not the extra config file. Creating
three config headers in ${top_srcdir} just means that each lib/ needs to be
able to locate ${top_srcdir} and as that shouldn't be a problem for any
subdirectory, (nor should it bring in any unwanted code), I'm testing with
this now.

--

Neil Williams