error in gnc-plugin-budget.c when compiling G2 from trunk

Tim Wunder tim at thewunders.org
Mon Nov 21 08:27:24 EST 2005

On Sunday 20 November 2005 11:36 pm, someone claiming to be David Hampton
wrote:
> On Sun, 2005-11-20 at 22:52 -0500, Tim Wunder wrote:
> > Trying to compile trunk tonight and I get this error:
> > gnc-plugin-budget.c: In function 'gnc_plugin_budget_cmd_open_budget':
> > gnc-plugin-budget.c:181: error: syntax error before '<<' token
> > gnc-plugin-budget.c:190: error: 'col' undeclared (first use in this
> > function) gnc-plugin-budget.c:190: error: (Each undeclared identifier is
> > reported only once
> > gnc-plugin-budget.c:190: error: for each function it appears in.)
> > gnc-plugin-budget.c:194: error: 'bgt' undeclared (first use in this
> > function)
>
> You have a conflict or some other problem.  There is no '<<' in my copy
> of the file.  Note that the svn conflict markers starts with '<<<<<<'
> which is likely what you're seeing.  Have you changed this file at all
> locally?

Yep. I had changed it in order to get opening budgets to work properly. I rm'd
the local file and did another svn update and it compiles fine now.

I thought changed local files are left alone during updates. Or is that a CVS
thing?

Tim