MediaWiki instead of Trac Wiki?

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Nov 30 12:06:24 EST 2005

Quoting Chris Shoemaker <c.shoemaker at cox.net>:

> In the context of a gnucash wiki, I would apply these principles thusly:
>   a) One-click auto-revert and account/ip ban available to moderators;
>      web-form for readers to alert mods to presence of wiki-spam.
>      recently-modified lists; account-age visibility; etc.
>   b) Spectrum goes:
>      1) no user edits; only moderators edit/add new mods
>      2) same as 1) w/ webform for requesting write-access. (manual approval)
>      3) same as 2) but with CAPTCHA, email callback and automatic approval
>      4) same as 3) but without CAPTCHA
>      5) same as 4) but with no email verification
>      6) anonymous edits

I would want this somewhere betweeen #2 and #3.

> Ok, but the Trac-provided changeset viewer is valuable, so let's keep
> it.  It's a bit ugly IMO, but the info is there.  (I know you only
> mentioned the wiki, but I'm just reminding (mostly myself) that
> Trac > wiki.)

There's no plan to deinstall trac.  The only real question is whether
we should turn "off" the trac wiki.  I'll note that the trac svn browser
is missing the annotate feature that exists in viewcvs.

-derek

PS: I've proposed to Linas that www.gnucash.org content get pulled from
svn.  I'm waiting for a response.