Problems with qof_begin_edit and qof_commit_edit

David Hampton hampton-gnucash at rainbolthampton.net
Sun Oct 2 15:29:39 EDT 2005

On Sun, 2005-10-02 at 15:04 -0400, Chris Shoemaker wrote:
> Few things are as abusive as macros that return.  Actually, macros
> that affect control flow at all are EVIL.  I would gladly remove all
> such macros.

I'm not making a value judgement as to whether this code is good or bad.
I've seen and worked on several hundred line macros with multiple side
effects as part of my day job.  I tried to convert some of them to
inline functions and decided the better part of valor was to leave them
as they were because the code flow depended on all the side effects.
The only point I was trying to get across with the qof macro/function
conversion is that the control flow changed between the macro and
function versions.  It's an easy side effect to handle, but it's also
one that must be addressed.

David