[Gnucash-changes] 2005-10-02 Joshua Sled <jsled@asynchronous.org> * GNOME2_STATUS:

Josh Sled jsled at asynchronous.org
Sun Oct 2 19:14:16 EDT 2005

On Sun, 2005-10-02 at 18:36 -0400, David Hampton wrote:
> On Sun, 2005-10-02 at 18:12 -0400, Joshua Sled wrote:
>
> >  - General
> > +
> > +  - Printing
> > +
> > +    - Main window: totally not hooked up
>
> Can you expand on this statement so I know what to look for.  Thought
> I'd try and knock this one off quickly.   Email is fine.

I meant to put more detail in after investigation, but I can't recall
(or find) what I thought I saw.  I'll remove this/

> > +  - When rendering, progress bar always says "Rendering
> >     'Untitled' report...".
> > +
> > +    - warlord reports this was true in 1.8 as well.
> > +
> > +  - Removing a report page should remove the report from the runtime.
>
> And this.

Well, it looks like the report "rendering" progress bar gets its name
from the report-title, but that's not initialized correctly.  But I
don't think that's what you're asking about...

W.r.t. the report-removal, it's back to that conversation we were having
in IRC the other night.  Right now, reports are instantiated into the
scheme vm on plugin-page creation, and iterated over during book-save to
generate their 'restore form'. If the report-plugin-page is destroyed,
nothing marks the report 'invalid', nor more actively destructs it.
Thus, it visually goes away, but restarting gnucash then re-creates all
reports that have ever existed.

I actually have what I believe is a fix for this in-hand: moving the
report destruction from some other place in the file into the
plugin-page "destroy"-signal handler... but some other part of the
report-state-saving process is broke, so I can't test/finish the other
fix. :/

As per our conversation, it sounds like you're working towards a better
code-path around window- and page- state-saving, so it probably makes
sense to revisit this when that's done.

> > +  - Weird initialization and per-checkbox behavior
> >      in New Prefs f/ Scheduled Transactions.
>
> And this.

Ah... just totally a lie.  I thought I saw something in passing.
Removed, as well.

...jsled