Release schedule [WAS: Proposals about gnucash-gnome2]

Chris Shoemaker c.shoemaker at cox.net
Thu Oct 6 11:27:54 EDT 2005

On Thu, Oct 06, 2005 at 10:51:45AM -0400, Derek Atkins wrote:
> Quoting Chris Shoemaker <c.shoemaker at cox.net>:
>
> >>Granted, we could probably write a script that makes the necessary
> >>modifications, commits the changes, tags the release, and runs
> >>./autogen.sh ; make distcheck
> >
> >Yeah, release number increments are easy to automate.  And I think the
> >typical alpha tester would be satisfied with a verbatim selection of
> >the ChangeLog since last release.
>
> Well, want to spend a little time to write the script that does all this?

Honestly, not really.  I'm not familiar with the release process.
But, if no one else will, then I guess I can take a whack.

Can we outline the process?

* clean cvs co
* change GNUCASH_MICRO_VERSION in configure.in
* ./autogen.sh && make distcheck
* post tgz to website
* post new ChangeLog entries to website
* cvs commit