Release schedule [WAS: Proposals about gnucash-gnome2]

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu Oct 6 11:55:03 EDT 2005

Quoting Christian Stimming <stimming at tuhh.de>:

> Hi,
>
> Derek Atkins schrieb:
>>> Can we outline the process?
>>>
>>> * clean cvs co
>>> * change GNUCASH_MICRO_VERSION in configure.in
>>
>> You also need to change the AC_INIT setting in configure.in
>
> Really? I would say the modification belongs in AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE and
> thankfully this already uses GNUCASH_MICRO_VERSION. So changing
> GNUCASH_MICRO_VERSION IMHO is enough.

in configure.in in g2:

AC_INIT(gnucash, 1.99.0,
http://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=GnuCash)
AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE(AC_PACKAGE_NAME, AC_PACKAGE_VERSION)

So, yes, I think you need to change this in addition to GNUCASH_MICRO_VERSION.

>>> * ./autogen.sh && make distcheck
>>> * post tgz to website
>>> * post new ChangeLog entries to website
>>
>> This can just be the NEWS file...
>>
>>> * cvs commit
>>> * cvs tag
>>>
>>> what else?
>
> You might want to add an entry to the ChangeLog, "released 1.9.bla".
> Other than that, I think for such automated alpha releases it is
> sufficient to expect that people look into the ChangeLog themselves.

True, good point.