config.rpath, autogen.sh, gettextize, [WAS: test-dom-converters1 failure]

Chris Shoemaker c.shoemaker at cox.net
Thu Oct 6 17:03:20 EDT 2005

On Thu, Oct 06, 2005 at 04:43:58PM -0400, Chris Shoemaker wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 06, 2005 at 04:26:33PM -0400, Derek Atkins wrote:
> > Quoting Chris Shoemaker <c.shoemaker at cox.net>:
> >
> > >I found:
> > >2003-06-14  gettextize  <bug-gnu-gettext at gnu.org>
> > >
> > >       * Makefile.am (EXTRA_DIST): Add config.rpath.
> > >
> > >in ChangeLog.  What kind of name is gettextize!?  Anyway, is
> > >config.rpath really supposed to be in EXTRA_DIST?
> >
> > Looks like someone committed the changes made by gettextize.  Check the
> > cvs log or cvs annotate to figure out who did it.  No, config.rpath probably
> > should NOT be in EXTRA_DIST.
>
> 1.2          (peticola 05-Jun-00):
> 1.59         (warlord  01-Apr-04): EXTRA_DIST = config.rpath  \
> 1.2          (peticola 05-Jun-00):   .cvsignore \
>
> What IS config.rpath anyway.  Google shows plenty of uses but no
> explanation of what it is.
>
> Anyway, removing it from EXTRA_DIST didn't fix the problem:
>
> make: *** No rule to make target `config.rpath', needed by `distdir'.  Stop.

scratch that.  It *does* make a difference when you make the change in
the same directory as I'm building. <sheepish grin>

make: *** No rule to make target `codeset.m4', needed by `distdir'.  Stop.

Note: I do have gettextize installed, but I don't think it's being
used, if I follow autogen.sh correctly.  Is that the problem?

-chris