G2 on Mac OSX

Neil Williams linux at codehelp.co.uk
Thu Oct 13 12:09:35 EDT 2005

Thanks in part to Chris' changes, my next commit (today) will bring a full G2
build to Mac OSX for the first time.

However, that is not the final problem, the build now completes (make && make
install) but the Scheme code won't run. It cannot find it's procedures for
some reason:

$ ./gnucash --version
ERROR: In procedure dynamic link:
ERROR: File not found

Same error happens in make check whenever a test involves guile.

Those "linking foobar against executable foobaz is not portable" warnings halt
the build on OSX, so the bulk of this will be to remove all the unnecessary
-module settings in the Makefiles. (Only those that halt the build have been
removed).

One thing I did notice, if you go to build after this commit, either do a make
uninstall or remove the installed files (at least all of the libraries) first
or you will continue to see warnings until the build *after* the next make
install.

I can now make dist on Debian unstable, FC3 and Mac OSX 10.3. I expected the
Debian tarball to be smaller because it's using external libgoffice and soon
will use external QOF (I have a G2 tree that uses external QOF and will
commit the changes probably this weekend), however the Mac tarball is also a
lot smaller. Not sure why.

Debian: 7.0Mb
Mac OSX: 7.8Mb
FC3: 8.4Mb.