Pango and Debian

Didier Vidal didier-devel at 9online.fr
Thu Oct 13 16:54:09 EDT 2005

I think reproduced the problem.
Although I do not have the warnings (maybe there is no trace in my
version of pango), I get display errors.

The problem apears if I use the pound as currency with the en_GB locale.

The explanation would be the following:
 gnucash attempts to display the pound symbol from ISO-8859-1 without
converting it to utf-8 before.
 this symbol is not ASCII, and probably does not correspond to a valid
utf-8 symbol.

If this is true, that means that the problems lies in the way messages
are passed to gnome. Something should be done to convert them from the
locale's charmap to utf-8 before displaying them.

Hope this helps.

Didier.