Compiling on Fedora Rawhide

micwise at bellsouth.net micwise at bellsouth.net
Fri Oct 14 12:51:50 EDT 2005

> From: David Hampton <hampton-gnucash at rainbolthampton.net>
> Date: 2005/10/14 Fri AM 08:57:44 CDT
> To: "Michael D. Wise" <micwise at bellsouth.net>
> CC: gnucash-devel at gnucash.org
> Subject: Re: Compiling on Fedora Rawhide
>
> On Fri, 2005-10-14 at 06:13 -0500, Michael D. Wise wrote:
> > I am unable to compile cvs gnucash2 on rawhide for a couple of reasons.
> >
> > First libgtkhtml-3.8 is provided and the configure script only checks as
> > high as libgtkhtml-3.6.  Once I edit the script it gets past that point.
> > I would provide a patch but I'm not sure how.  I'm looking in to how to
> > do that.
>
> I updated the configure script for the new gtkhtml version.  The problem
> is that gtkhtml changes the name of their "config" file with each
> release.  We have to explicitly list each version, instead of being able
> to say "any version >= 3.0".

Thanks, I appreciate that.  I'm sorry I was not able to provide the patch myself.  I'm not a programmer.   I just try to figure things out when I can.

> > The second error I get is:
> >
> > gog-axis.c:1690:58: error: macro "GSF_CLASS_FULL" requires 10 arguments,
> > but only 7 given
> > gog-axis.c:1693: error: syntax error before 'GogAxisType'
>
> There's a mismatch between the version of the goffice libraries that
> gnucash is expecting and what's on your system.  I saw a fix go in for
> this yesterday morning.  When did you last update?

I had pulled from cvs yesterday afternoon.   From another reply, it looks like there is an issue with libgsf from rawhide (libgsf-1.12.3) and I may have to wait until that issue is resolved.

If there is anything else I can do, let me know.

Michael