Is there anything *enjoyable* about our development process?

Neil Williams linux at codehelp.co.uk
Sun Oct 16 06:56:57 EDT 2005

On Saturday 15 October 2005 6:12 pm, Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:
> The point of guile, need I remind, is to get rid of the idea that
> application designers should be picking the language that users must
> write their extensions in.  Guile needs front ends for different
> languages, that's all.

That's like saying roads would be less crowded if we each had individual
aircraft! We could justify anything in terms of what might happen.

Guile isn't popular, it doesn't appear that it is likely to GET any of those
front-ends, so why should gnucash persist with it when it's "main" advantage
is not expressed in real code?

If the point of guile is that is can use multiple front-ends but those
front-ends don't exist, it begs the question: What is the point of Guile?

--

Neil Williams