jGnucashlib

Neil Williams linux at codehelp.co.uk
Sun Oct 16 10:56:25 EDT 2005

On Sunday 16 October 2005 2:12 pm, Herbert Thoma wrote:
> Anyone aware of this?
>
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/jgnucashlib/

It's not free software, despite the GPL indicator at SF.

It has no front end - and isn't likely to get one if the source is not closed!
It seems very confused, on the one hand it's listed as GPL but then he's
trying to claim that the source is read-only - which is incompatible with the
GPL. The source tarball is 3Mb and contains all the CVS directories which
isn't a good start. However, it also didn't decompress when I tested it.

I've written to the developer outlining my right of access to the source code.

--

Neil Williams